If you haven't heard, there is a crazy heatwave hitting San Diego and we're smack-dab right in the middle of it. Fortunately, I was able to put an outfit together that I absolutely adored! My new craze is this new muscle tank that I had to have. If you follow me, you know I am OBSESSED with Country music so I thought this shirt had my name written all over it. Since I was battling the heatwave and staying casual was how to survive the 100 degree weather, I decided to pair this tee with loose printed shorts to step away from the typical signature look - a tee and denim shorts/skinny's. I rocked this outfit w/ a pair of peep toe booties and a military vest to help with the summer-fall transition.
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 15, 2014
In celebration of my 32nd birthday, it's only right that I dress up and wear heels, right? Plus, I know my husband loves me in heels, so why not? Changing it up once in a while leads to anticipation and excitement which is okay by me! Let's talk about this dress. Besides the fun print and colors, I love that it brings a measure of elegance. Enough to scream "I feel like a woman!" By choosing neutral colored heels, it allowed the dress to be the focal point. I rounded out my look with a bold berry lipstick to seal the deal.
Sep 10, 2014
We are back at it! Football season is here! To get in the team spirit, these lovely chicas and I (see their blog links below) came together to show you how to represent your team colors without being so literal. With my look, I'm wearing red, silver/gray, and blue colors representing the best football team ever! GO PATS! I know my usual looks are casual, but with this look I wanted to inspire fun and femininity..so wedges it is! This adorable floral bomber jacket compliments the desired look well while still achieving a sporty chic look. This look is perfect to wear at a bar or even a get together at a friend's house. As long as I got my beer in hand...all is good!
Sep 8, 2014
When you think of bloggers what comes to mind? Do you think, "Oh, it's just a person that sits behind a computer and writes." That's true to some extent; however, there are different types of bloggers and the truth is no matter what type of blogger it is, it's a process itself.
With that being said, the goal of today's post is to give you a little insight on what fashion bloggers go through to create good content. Here are five things about fashion bloggers...
1. Taking outfit photos is a mission! The world seems to end when you create an outfit and your husband or friend(s) can't take your photos. Oh em gee, #icant. Let's keep it real, how many bloggers have gone through this? It's not only about creating an outfit, but making sure you have someone who can capture the work of art - your outfit. It could be quite challenging believe it or not.
2. Finding a location for your photos. We try to find a spot that not only will make our photos standout, but will also provide the right lighting to deliver good quality photos. Let's be real. Some people are more visually entertained so providing a good background that allows for a great contrast to help your outfit standout is a must. For those of us who work a full-time job, we try to work with what we have, so sometimes the best times to take photos are during lunch breaks, weekends or quickly after work before sunsets.
3. Fear of judgement. It's terrifying hitting the "publish" button and knowing your words and photos are out there for people to read. Hey, we are not perfect and sometimes we make mistakes, but it's all about practice, right? How about,"What if people don't like what you have to say or what you wore?" We put ourselves out there for the world to see, so it takes a lot of guts and courage to share your thoughts and passion, so kudos to you for doing that!
4. Maintaining a blog takes a lot of time. Having a blog is not just publishing outfit photos, but the whole shenanigans that come with it. We take our outfit photos, download them into our computer for editing, write our post, and then proofread. Phew, I don't know about other bloggers, but it takes me forever to get this done. Growing your blog takes a lot of time and effort, but the result is all worth it!
Last but not least...
5. Are we being heard? You share your style tips and outfits but then wonder, is anyone reading or following me? Don't be dismayed. To have a blog takes patience and understanding. Just keep doing what you are doing, and I promise, someone out there is appreciating what you have to offer.
Sep 1, 2014
Photos taken by: LilBitsofChic
Hands down. Friday night was epic! The best concert I've ever attended...Marc Anthony's. The fact that San Diego was his first stop of his U.S. Tour, and I was there to witness the incredible talent...It was just unbelievable! Let's just say, flats were a must to give my feet a little break from dancing all night and the awful blisters (ouch!). Nevertheless, it was all worth it. It was such an amazing experience and to see him live was unforgettable. I can check that off my bucket list!
Wishing you all a Happy Labor Day and stay safe!
Aug 27, 2014
Aug 25, 2014
And so it begins...the temperature dropped just a tad bit over the weekend, which means fall is just around the corner. I'm glad I bought this utility vest just in time to start wearing lighter layers. For the warmer days, this look can easily work without the vest and some cute sandals. For a fall look, pairing these feminine shorts with this vest and booties gives it the right balance; still feminine but with a little oomph. I love the loose style of these shorts; it makes it look like a skirt...something different and fun!
top (similar): ASOS | vest (similar): Old Navy | shorts: Shimmer | booties: Forever 21 | tote (similar): Forever 21 | sunglasses: ASOS | rings: Charlotte Russe | necklace: Lulu's | watch: Michael Kors