When you think of bloggers what comes to mind? Do you think, "Oh, it's just a person that sits behind a computer and writes." That's true to some extent; however, there are different types of bloggers and the truth is no matter what type of blogger it is, it's a process itself.
With that being said, the goal of today's post is to give you a little insight on what fashion bloggers go through to create good content. Here are five things about fashion bloggers...
1. Taking outfit photos is a mission! The world seems to end when you create an outfit and your husband or friend(s) can't take your photos. Oh em gee, #icant. Let's keep it real, how many bloggers have gone through this? It's not only about creating an outfit, but making sure you have someone who can capture the work of art - your outfit. It could be quite challenging believe it or not.
2. Finding a location for your photos. We try to find a spot that not only will make our photos standout, but will also provide the right lighting to deliver good quality photos. Let's be real. Some people are more visually entertained so providing a good background that allows for a great contrast to help your outfit standout is a must. For those of us who work a full-time job, we try to work with what we have, so sometimes the best times to take photos are during lunch breaks, weekends or quickly after work before sunsets.
3. Fear of judgement. It's terrifying hitting the "publish" button and knowing your words and photos are out there for people to read. Hey, we are not perfect and sometimes we make mistakes, but it's all about practice, right? How about,"What if people don't like what you have to say or what you wore?" We put ourselves out there for the world to see, so it takes a lot of guts and courage to share your thoughts and passion, so kudos to you for doing that!
4. Maintaining a blog takes a lot of time. Having a blog is not just publishing outfit photos, but the whole shenanigans that come with it. We take our outfit photos, download them into our computer for editing, write our post, and then proofread. Phew, I don't know about other bloggers, but it takes me forever to get this done. Growing your blog takes a lot of time and effort, but the result is all worth it!
Last but not least...
5. Are we being heard? You share your style tips and outfits but then wonder, is anyone reading or following me? Don't be dismayed. To have a blog takes patience and understanding. Just keep doing what you are doing, and I promise, someone out there is appreciating what you have to offer.